AOL offers online services that include AOL mail, AOL Instant Messenger, AOL video, news, sports, etc. Its software consists of AOL Desktop Gold, AOL Shield, Data Secure and ID Protection that provides you safe browsing and protects you from online threats. Also, it offers real-time encryption technology that helps in preventing your confidential data from hackers. Further to access all these features, you can download the software from the AOL website. Hence follow the given guide for AOL download.
How to Purchase AOL?
For AOL Download, firstly you need to purchase an AOL free trial or subscription if you are not an advantage plan member or the software is not included in your membership. So, follow the steps that are given below:
- First and foremost open a web browser, for example, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc on your system.
- Then, type discover.aol.com in the address bar which is given at the top of your screen. Then, press Enter from your keyboard.
- By doing so, it will take you to a new window on which you will see a list of all the products and services of AOL.
- For AOL download, select your desired product from the list of options and a new window will be shown on your screen.
- Read all the information about your product carefully and then click on the Learn More tab to continue with the purchase process.
- In the next window, click on Start Your Free Trial tab and move forward to the next step.
- Next, you need to sign in to your account for AOL download. For that, click on the Sign-in button given there.
- In the next window, enter your email address into the given field and then click on the Next button. After that, enter your password and click on the Sign In button.
- But, if do not have an AOL account, you are required to click on the Create an Account tab. So, for account creation and sign in, follow the given steps that are mentioned below:
- Firstly, enter your first name and Last name.
- After that, enter a valid email address to receive important emails from AOL.
- Next, create a strong password that should be difficult to guess but easy to remember. Also, your password must contain at least 8 characters, one uppercase and lowercase letter, one number, and one special character.
- Then, enter your Mobile Number and Birth Date.
- It will take you to a new window. To continue with the process of account creation, click on the “Text me a Verification Code” tab. Now, open your message inbox and copy down the verification code from there.
- In the next window, enter the same code and click on the Verify button.
- Now, it will show you the Confirmation Message window. Click on the Continue tab and you are successfully login to your account.
- In the next window, you are required to provide the Billing and Payment Details.
- Provide your Billing Information that includes your First Name, Last Name, Address, Zip code, City State, Phone Number, etc.
- Then, select your payment method i.e Debit Card, Credit Card, etc. After that, you need to provide your payment details which include your Card number, Security Code, CVV, Expiration Date.
- Now, return to the “Billing and Payment” window. To Proceed for the next step, you must agree to all the terms and conditions.
- Hence, click on Start your Free Trial button if you agree with the terms and this will complete the purchase process.
- Once your free trial ends, your subscription starts immediately. To avoid the subscription fee, make sure that you cancel it before the free trial ends.
Procedure for AOL Download
Once you have purchased a free trial or subscription of AOL, you can download the product of AOL either from your account or from the order confirmation mail.
From Your AOL Account:
Follow the given steps for AOL download from your account:
- Open a web browser on your system.
- Then, go to myaccount.aol.com by typing it in the address bar.
- In the next AOL “Sign In” window, enter your email address and then click on the Next button.
- Then, enter your AOL password into the given field and click on the Sign In button.
- Now, you are login into your account. From the left panel of the window, click on the My Services tab and then select “Subscriptions”.
- In the “Subscriptions” window, you will see all your purchased products. Select your preferred product by scrolling down on the page.
- Then, click on the Get Started tab to start the process of AOL download.
- Now, the software will start downloading. You need to wait for its completion. Do not close the window or shut down your system in between the downloading process.
- When the download finishes, you can access the file from the Downloads folder. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Order Confirmation Email
When you purchase any product of AOL, you will get the order confirmation mail in your AOL mail inbox. The mail contains the download link by clicking on which you can download your product. So, follow the given steps for AOL download:
- First of all, open a web browser on your system.
- Then, type mail.aol.com in the address bar and press Enter from your keyboard.
- It will take you to a new window. Click on the Inbox tab which is located on the left side of the window.
- Now, go to the search field which is given at the top of your screen. Type the product name that you have purchased and then click on the Search button.
- In case, you do not find your mail in the Inbox, search it in the Spam folder.
- Open the mail and then click on the download link. By doing so, the file will begin downloading.
- The download process may take a few minutes so wait patiently until your product is successfully downloaded.
- This completes the AOL Download process.
- When the software is downloaded, you are required to install it. For installation, double-click the setup file, click on the Run button and then follow the instructions displayed on your screen to finish the process.