AOL is a web provider and offers a variety of online services. Its services include AOL mail, AOL Instant Messenger, AOL Video, video search, news, sports, weather, etc. So, follow the given guide for AOL account creation and login.
How to Create an AOL Account?
To enable all the services of AOL Mail, you need to create an account first. So follow the below-given steps:
- Start the process by opening a web browser.
- Then, type mail.aol.com in the address bar and press Enter from your keyboard.
- AOL login window will appear on your screen. Click on the “Create an Account” tab.
- It will take you to a new window. You are required to provide all the necessary details that are given below:
- Enter your first name and Last name.
- In the next field, enter a valid email address.
- Now, create a password that must contain at least 8 characters, one uppercase, and lowercase letter, one number, and one special character.
- Next, enter your Mobile Number to receive important text messages. Click on the drop-down arrow key and select the country code.
- Enter your Birth Date.
- Then, click on the Continue tab.
- It will take you to a new window. Click on the “Text me a Verification Code” tab and you will receive a code on your mobile number.
- In the next window, enter the code and click on the Verify button.
- A Confirmation Message window will appear on your screen. Click the Continue tab and this completes the account creation process.
AOL Mail Login
For AOL login, go through the given instructions carefully:
- Open a web browser, for example, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.
- Go to mail.aol.com by typing it in the address bar. It is located at the top of your screen.
- Sign in window appears. Enter the email address that you used at the time of account creation. Also, if you want to save your login details, select the checkbox of Stay signed in.
- Then, click on the Next button.
- In the next window, enter your password and make sure that you have entered all the characters correctly. Then click on the sign-in button for login to your account.
AOL Mail Troubleshooting
1. Reset AOL Mail Password
While signing to your account, if you forgot your AOL password, follow the below-given steps to reset it:
- On the sign-in page of AOL, type your email address and then click on the Next button.
- In the next window, click on the Forgot Password link to reset your password.
- It will take you to the new window asking you- do you have access to your registered phone number? Select the checkbox of “Yes, text me a verification code” if your phone number is working.
- Now, open the message inbox on your phone and note down the verification code from your text message.
- Enter the same code in the next window. Then, click on the Verify button.
- Now, to confirm that you are real, you need to select the checkbox of “I’m not a robot”. In the next step, you have to complete the captcha task to proceed further. A list of pictures will appear on your screen, follow the on-screen instructions and select the required pictures. Then, click on the Verify button.
- Now, click on the Continue button located at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- The Reset Password window will appear on your screen. Do the following:
- In the first field, set a new password by considering all the password-specific requirements mentioned on the page.
- Then, you need to retype your password for confirmation. Enter the same characters otherwise, it will show you an error.
- After that, click on the continue button to successfully create a new password.
- Password Updated window will be shown on your screen. In addition, provide the required details if you want to add a recovery email address or password. These details will help you if you forget your email address and password sometime in the future. This finishes the AOL reset password process.
2. Clear Past History and Cache:
The existence of the past history slows down the performance of your browser and creates problems while accessing the websites. So, follow the below-given steps to resolve the issues of AOL Mail :
For Chrome Browser:
- First of all, open the Chrome Browser on your system.
- Then, click on the Customize and control icon which is represented by three dots located in the upper-right corner of the window.
- It will show you a list of options. Select the History option.
- A new window will be shown on your screen. From the left side of the screen, click on the Clear Browsing Data tab, select the time period for which you want to delete the history.
- After that, delete all the unwanted files by selecting the appropriate boxes.
- At last, click on the Clear Data button.
For Safari browser:
- Open the Safari browser on your Mac system.
- Then, click on the Safari tab from the upper-left side corner of the window.
- After that, select the History option.
- It will show you a pop-up box, choose the time period and then click on the Clear History button.
3. Disable Firewall
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- Then, click on the Customize and control Google Chrome > Settings> Advanced> Privacy and Security> Site Settings> Pop-Ups and redirect.
- In the next window, select the Toggle button to block the firewall.
- First of all, open a Safari browser on your Mac.
- Click on the Safari tab.
- It will show you a list, select Block pop-up windows option to block the firewall.
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- To enable the settings, select the Toggle button.
- Open the Safari browser.
- Click on Safari> Preferences> Security.